Saturday, May 2, 2015

Oh My Words! Today's Book Launch was a Success

The author at Beach Books in Seaside, Ore.
I'm pretty wiped out right now. I don't know where the day went. But it was awesome.

After I walked into town (and back) to get the mail the family drove to Seaside, Ore. I arrived at Beach Books this morning at 11ish and, after getting set up, did the signing thing until 2 p.m.

Sold a couple dozen books and I've got orders for dozens more at lighthouses/museums/bookstores around the country, now. (More coming in next week I'm sure. And my appearance calendar is getting full, too. Not many Saturdays left open through September now.)

Anyway, that stack at the top right of the photograph was twice as tall before today. The rest of the stack will likely sell at next week's Local Indie Author & Book Fair at Jupiter's Books in Cannon Beach, Ore. (10 a.m to 4 p,m,).

This is just a hot commodity, I guess I'll have to restock soon.

Haven't got yours? Please ask for yours at a local indie bookstore or come out and see me at the book fair or you may order from Amazon.

Illustrator Roxanne Bowman
Joining today me was the book's illustrator Roxanne Bowman from Florence, Ore. It was the first she saw of the book in print and I think she was pretty proud.

After I moved out the family drove up to the Ilwaco (Wash.) Saturday Market and dinner at Ole Bob's. I also stopped in at Time Enough Books to make contact.

We got home close to 7 p.m. I wrote this post. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment