Monday, May 13, 2013

"The Book Formerly Known As..."

The artist formerly known as Prince.

I always got a kick out of that. Wasn't he always Prince? I don't know what the deal was, but he's back to being known by his original moniker and as scary as ever.

Anyway, after much contemplation and competition, the book formerly know as ANTEBELLUM APPARITION has a new title. 


I wish to thank especially David Roberts and Dennis Sparks for their many wonderful ideas. Though I chose none of their suggestions (or anyone else's for that matter), together they did inspire me towards a title.

Even though neither of them "won" the contest I am still awarding them with a signed copy of the finished book for the time it took to brainstorm and the inspiration they gave me. Each of these fantastic gentlemen contributed nuggets that led to the final title which is....

You're dying to know, huh? Well, it's really nothing all that profound. You see "Antebellum Apparition" was way too complex and ambiguous. It's suppose to be a Middle School reader, for crying out loud!

And the title had to, as clearly as possible, tell what the book was about. In two words, beginning with the same letter (I wanted the same sound, too, but that just didn't work out). As a ghost story of sorts, and taking place primarily in a theater space inside an old mansion, I decided upon:

PLAYHOUSE PHANTOM

The story is well outlined within my skull and I will begin transferring it to computer sometime in June. It will be completed by October and released on Thanksgiving Day 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment