Friday, February 19, 2016

New News You Never Knew About Books, but no Gnus

As I write inside the cozy warmth of Insomnia Coffee Company it is a blustery-rainy day outside on the Oregon north coast. That's what you call perfection for a writer; no temptation to be enjoying the shoreline trio of surf, sand and sun. However I am enjoying a trail mix cookie and a white chocolate mocha while listening to big band tunes and working on a few writing related projects (including this blog post). Now here's the new news:

The New Book


The new book shipment arrived yesterday!

Earlier this morning I mailed out the first six orders of my new book, Hell, Heaven and Back. Signed, sealed, sent. Okay, one wasn't an order, it was a review copy. I have four local orders to deliver so leaves twenty out of my initial order.

If you want one (signed, sealed and sent for a flat $10) let me know. That's cheaper than Amazon ($9.99 + postage). Whatever I have left come next weekend I'll take to sell at the Portland Home & Garden Show.

Garden of Books


And speaking of the Portland Home & Garden Show: From Thursday, Feb. 25 through Sunday, Feb. 28 there will be thirty Oregon and Washington Author's books at the NIWA Garden of Books. That represents more than 100 titles in all genres (except Western, I don't think there are any of those).

Many of the authors will be making appearances to do signings. I will be at the show 2-6 p.m., Sun. Feb. 28 with all eleven of my titles, including my newest, Hell, Heaven and Back, hot off the press (no pun intended). In essence the official public launch party. There's a discount coupon for $2 off the show admission here and parking is free after 4 p.m. (before that it will cost you an arm and a leg).

Book Publishing Workshop


If you're close to the Oregon North Coast area and wish to know how to go about self-publishing with relative ease and little cost, I'm giving a two-hour workshop on the topic 1-3 p.m., Sat., March 26 at the Tolovana Arts Colony hall in Cannon Beach, Oregon.

If you click on the graphic on the left it will get larger and you can see all the things I'll be covering in this intensive workshop. (Plus, participation gets you some free consultation time, too, for when you're actually working on that book of yours.) Cost is $25.

Commute or stay, it'll be a great day.

Indie Author & Book Fair


Mark your calendar for April 10. That's the day of the North Coast Indie Author & Book Fair in the courtyard behind Jupiter's Books in Cannon Beach, Oregon. The book fair will follow on the heels of the weekend's Get Lit at the Beach event.

We're expecting 24 Oregon and Washington authors for the 12:30 to 3 p.m. fair. To date we have eighteen authors signed up with room for six more (contact me if interested in booth space).

Short Stories for New Book


My publishing company eyrie press is accepting short story submissions for an upcoming anthology called Chicken Poop on My Sole (subtitled Funny Fodder from the Farm). It is to be a collection of short, true stories of humor and inspiration about farm life and country living.

We need several dozen more stories to complete the collection before publication in time for the harvest season of 2016. So...

If you have a story to tell and share contact me for details on how to be included and get copies to sell or give as gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment