Wednesday, April 13, 2016

New/Upcoming Publication News & New Cover Designs

With the publication of Joe Benjamin's Silly Billy and Ducky Dee through my press, my self-publishing workshop over, and the Indie Author & Book Fair done and gone it's time to turn my attention back to my own work. That is the work of writing, editing and designing stuff that is my own.

Some of you may know that I've been casually working on new cover designs for some of my older books. Actually, I've been working on a new cover for Rocketman: From the Trailer Park to Insomnia and Beyond and now have the concept design finalized. I just have to complete the final art. That should take about a day.

I'm also doing up an omnibus of my three Bayou Boys books (Voodoo Virus, Marsh Monster and Playhouse Phantom). That means I'm compiling all three books into one volume, titled simply The Bayou Boys. I'm working on the cover for that. I came up with four designs and sought opinions and comments. My readers and fellow authors supplied and they definitely ruled out one of the four, but, as yet, I have no clear consensus on the remaining three. LOL I do have one I'm leaning toward, though (see the concept art below).

When I do finally and firmly know which cover I'll go with I'll have to complete the final art, compile the texts and format the interior. That's a good solid week's work. (BTW: I have no plans at this time to complete the fourth Bayou Boys Adventure, Alien Ambush.) I have begun work on the interior layout as of this writing.

Finally, I'm working toward completion of Chicken Poop on My Sole. I still need a couple stories and I have a cover design that needs fleshed out and completed. I have begun formatting the interior, but that, too, needs work. Should I get those stories in (Might you have one you'd like to submit?) I could be done inside two weeks.

All in all, I'm looking to complete these projects before the end of May. Chicken Poop is slated to be released on Memorial Day weekend.

I'm not sure what the summer will bring yet. I do have a humorous short story that I'm looking into possibly making into a graphic novel or something, but haven't really decided what to do with it. I might just put it into another anthology.

You can read it here.

I do plan to write more short works: articles, personal essays, short fiction, and poetry. Sure, I have ideas for novels, but I'm not sure that's what I want to pursue right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment