Monday, April 29, 2013

CONTEST: Name That Book and Win

Okay, fans and followers: 


Market Research has indicated that ANTEBELLUM APPARITION is way too complex of a title for a middle reader (though I love it). In fact many adults have no idea what antebellum is (except for Lady Antebellum, the Grammy winner). Obviously the title of a book must reach out and speak to potential buyers. In a few words it must convey what the book is about.

I need a new title and I need YOU to help me. 


Rules are simple: You can submit as many ideas as you like. If you submit one that I like best I will use it. If no one submits one I like/use, no one wins.

The title must be only two words and both words must begin with the same letter and sound (ex: two hard P's or two P's with the F sound, not a mix of the two like in "Proscenium Phantom" but "Proscenium Poltergeist" would work, except that's too lofty). Short words--one to two syllables--are better.

The story concerns a Haunted House (if that weren't such an over used title it would be perfect)--actually an antebellum (pre-civil war) house that has been turned into a theater, very much like Vancouver's Slocum House and appears to be haunted. So I want the title to clearly say "ghost or haunted" and "house or theater" in some way.

While I like "Greenroom Ghost" as an alternative, not everyone knows what a greenroom is. However, lacking a better title (that YOU come up with) I will likely go with that.

What you get: 


If your entry is selected I will give you credit in the acknowledgement of the book AND you will receive a FREE personalized autographed copy.

Use the cover photo for inspiration. The contest closes June 30, 2013. (the book comes out Thanksgiving Day 2013.)

Think synonyms, use a Thesaurus, get creative but clear. And good luck!

#voodoovirus #marshmonster #bayouboys #amishvszombies

No comments:

Post a Comment