Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I was Surprised and Joyed to Find THIS REVIEW Today


Full disclosure, I've become a Zschomler fan since I read his middle grade book Voodoo Virus. I backed the crowd funding campaign for this book knowing that it would be a true horror story. It's being marketed as a Y/A and I'll get back to that in a moment, I just wanted to start this by saying I'm a fan of the author and read, essentially an ARC copy of the book. I don't believe it'll bias my review, but decide for yourself.

When I see a title like "The Amish vs The Zombies" I think the author has something up his sleeve. Like he's surely got a treatment of the idea that lessons the impact, or its a spoof or something. Not in this case. Zschomler played it straight which is why I titled this review the way I did. If you see that title and think, "I'd probably like that book," then you definitely would. This is really well written. I read/ watch horror on rare occasions. I'm picky about it. The author really took the premise seriously.

If a Zombie outbreak occurred in a predominately Amish area, how would it come about, play out, and resolve? That's what he gives you in all it's frightening detail. It's really well written! The characters feel real and authentic, they are true to their beliefs, they have pretty normal responses to the horror that's thrust upon them. They grow as a result of their journey. This book punches aboveits weight.

If you are curious, read it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment