Thursday, May 14, 2015

I want to be a part of it, New York, New York

National Lighthouse Museum site on Staten Is.
You may know that I recently mentioned the possibility of going to NYC, having been invited to do a book signing at the National Lighthouse Museum for Louie, the Lonely Lighthouse.


Well, I’m stepping into the water on this. I still need to raise the funds, and I’m working on that, but the point is that I laid a fleece out for a sign this past weekend and the fleece came up wet.* So, I committed (and I’m scared).

At any rate, I have now been scheduled to do a book discussion and signing at 11 a.m. Saturday, August 8 at the new (soon to open) National Lighthouse Museum on Staten Island. I am also to be a guest at the ribbon cutting ceremony 11 a.m. Friday, August 7.

I probably won’t make any serious money on the deal, but it is an honor and an opportunity (or excuse) to go somewhere I've dreamed about for a long time. The book, Louie, the Lonely Lighthouse IS missional, too, so it’s an influential way to spread its valuable message. And it will be sold through their gift shop henceforth.

Therefore, I would appreciate your prayers that everything works out.

The trip is going to cost me about $600 for airfare plus food and ground transportation while I’m there. Fortunately, I have a place to stay, thanks to the graciousness of my niece, Leah. If I come up with some “fun money” as well—to see a couple Broadway shows (also a dream)—that would be great bonus. If not, so be it.

Artist concept of finished renovation for the National Lighthouse Museum

There IS another way you can help me out, too. And that is to buy a book or two, if you would. (And help spread the word by sharing in your social networks.)

I thank you in advance.

Listen to (and see) the lyrics to the iconic song sung by Frank Sinatra here.


*I use this Biblical image as a metaphor, to understand the meaning you may wish to read the account in Judges 6:37.

No comments:

Post a Comment