Thursday, January 7, 2016

Another One Bites the Dust Jacket Due to Online Buyers

Jacobson's Books & More, Hillsboro, Oregon

The final chapter...


"For over 5-1/2 years Jacobsen's Books has served the community of Hillsboro with new and used books, supported local authors and hosted events. It has been a difficult journey, but I feel like the store has made an impact on the community, and I have mostly enjoyed it!

"It is with great regret that I have to announce that Jacobsen’s Books will be unable to stay open and will be closing the doors in February.

"Thank you to all who have supported me, shopped here, promoted the store and become my friends. I truly appreciate you, without such great community support we could not have been here for this long.

"I hate to be another bookstore that didn't make it, but I look back at all that we have achieved and I am proud of what was accomplished:
  • Events like Find Waldo- 3 years
  • Santa Claus - 2 years
  • Summer Reading Program- 3 years
  • Too many author events to name..
  • Carried over 100 local author books
  • Supported authors during the Farmer's Market
  • Offered discounts to schools and teachers
  • Donationed to many schools and other organizations- over $1500 worth of books alone in 2015

"It is a difficult business. I have a very loyal following but I also hear nearly every day people who say 'I’ll just buy it online.' Please support, or continue to support your local bookstores, really all local small retail businesses!"  

Thank you again.

Tina Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment