Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Vacay is Over; Back to Work

View from the bedroom's balcony at Heron's Crossing.
So, my wife and I spent an inspiring and relaxing "weekend" on Whidbey Island for our 33rd Wedding Anniversary.

Thanks to some friends we were able to stay at a very special vacation home (Heron's Crossing, pictured herein) that they manage. Visiting with them was great, too.

Presently, looking out the window at the sailboats in the harbor, I am writing from Better Living Through Coffee in Port Townsend. Their coffee is excellent (I always stop here when I'm up this way)!

We were able enjoy the island's beaches, farmer's markets, restaurants (as well as several coffee shops), and many thrift stores (by which we are bringing home a few treasures for our home and Harbor House), and the Writer's Workshop (here in Port Townsend).

Anyway, tomorrow it's back to work with plenty to do toward the opening of Harbor House, just three weeks from today!
Things are coming together quite well (so far) and we'll be doing our final paperwork, placing some orders, and adding the finishing touches over the next few weeks.

I hope you all can join us for the Open House, 2-6 p.m., Saturday, September 24 (check the Harbor House website for details).

And, if you want a really great place to stay and play on Whidbey Is., drop me an email and I'll give you the contact info. (I'll also be posting many more photos on my author FB page).

No comments:

Post a Comment