Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hey, It's Good to be Back Home Again

A friends a friend forever
If the Lord's the lord of them
And a friend will not say "never"
For the welcome will not end


Bill Dent with his Mustang in front of the cafe where we ate.
I have completed my road trip. It was good to see both family and friends, but the wife is the best of both. So good to be in her arms again.

My thanks goes out to the old friends that put me up and showed me a good time. Bret VanVolkenberg (Albany, OR), Michael "Mickey" Scott (in San Antonio, TX), Bill Dent (in Idaho Falls, ID) and Michael and Diane Midkiff (Spokane, WA) it was great catching up after all these years!

Caribbean pulled pork omelet and a
fry bread "scone."
Also to the family, Gordon and Laura Peet (in Creswell, OR), my son Josiah (in Fresno, CA), my daughter Bethany, son-in-law Christopher, grandsons Aleric and Deveroux and son Isaiah (in Joplin, MO), thank you for the same.

Mike Midkiff and I at a diner in Spokane, Wash.
The diner decor in Spokane, WA.
I don't really know what kind of
sausage this was but it was great.
Finally, to my new friend, author Brock D. Eastman (in Colorado Springs, CO), for sharing your wisdom and advice. And to Jesus for showing me so many beautiful sights along the way. Even though I'm home now I'll share more about (and pictures plus videos) the trip in the the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment